MedicAlert Foundation is proud to partner with the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America and Kids With Food Allergies to raise awareness of asthma and anaphylaxis.
When you enroll in a new MedicAlert membership through the link below or via phone [1.800.432.5378], use the code AAFA and MedicAlert will donate 20% of your membership fees to support AAFA’s mission to save lives and reduce the burden of disease for people with asthma and allergies through support, advocacy, education and research.
Over 65 million people in the United States live with asthma and severe allergies – potentially life-threatening conditions. AAFA and MedicAlert are working together to provide tools for proactively managing asthma and allergies.
Join us in making a pact to ACT for Asthma (#act4asthma) and ACT for Allergy (#act4allergy). By working together, we can reduce severe asthma attacks and allergic reactions.
- Make an asthma action plan or anaphylaxis action plan with your doctor. This plan helps you identify severe symptoms and tells you which medicines to take right away.
- Get your prescriptions for emergency medicines filled. AAFA can provide resources if you can’t afford your prescription.
- Know the causes and triggers of your asthma and/or allergies.
- Learn about what is and isn’t a risk for your condition.
- Get in the habit of carrying your emergency medicines with a copy of your action plan with you everywhere you go – don’t leave them in a car or separate building.
- Wear a medical ID bracelet. With the presence of a MedicAlert medical ID, first responders have the ability to connect with medical personnel to get your complete health history.
- Talk with your doctor about therapies and treatments that may work for you.
- Use your medicines as prescribed.
- Practice how to use your emergency medicines.
A MedicAlert ID and membership can help protect those with allergies and asthma in the event of an emergency. If you can’t speak for yourself, MedicAlert will be your voice.