Medical IDs for Asthma
The confidence to live with asthma
According to our partner, the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America, asthma affects over 25 million Americans, both children and adults. Asthma is a chronic respiratory condition that can cause difficulty breathing, wheezing, coughing, and even chest pain. While there is no cure for asthma, it can be managed by understanding your triggers and having an action plan.
This is where medical IDs for asthma play a key role in protecting those living with this breathing condition.
How MedicAlert medical IDs for asthma protect you
One thing you shouldn’t worry about is what could happen if there’s an emergency. MedicAlert’s protection plans offer benefits that extend beyond the ID, providing safety and peace of mind for people living with asthma, their families and caregivers.
Asthma Action Plan
A comprehensive plan to manage your asthma, with specific instructions for rescue medications.
24/7 Emergency Response
Our team provides first responders the information they need to provide fast, accurate care.
Emergency Contact Notification
In an emergency, we connect families so that no one is alone in a crisis.
Digital Health Profile
All your vital information, all in one place for you and your caregiver.
Pair a medical ID for asthma with the protection plan that’s right for you.
What is asthma and who is affected by it?
Some people with asthma have only occasional symptoms, while others have a more severe condition that interferes with daily life. In any case, uncontrolled asthma can lead to a life-threatening attack. That’s why a MedicAlert ID is an essential part of your proactive asthma action plan.
In an asthmatic episode, you may not be able to communicate what’s happening. A custom engraved asthma bracelet will speak for when you can’t. MedicAlert will alert others to your condition and share your treatment details – so you can receive the best possible care, when you need it the most.
Make a Pact to A.C.T.!
As well as having a medical ID for asthma, having an asthma action plan to help manage asthma or allergies is an essential part of life with asthma. Planning ahead and remembering these steps while participating in everyday life can help you better manage symptoms associated with these conditions, even in an emergency situation. So how do you make a pact to A.C.T.? Just follow these steps:
A is for Action Plan:
- Download an action plan here. You can take this to your doctor and fill it out together.
- Develop an asthma or anaphylaxis plan with your doctor. The action plan will help you understand and identify severe symptoms, as well as know the causes and triggers of your asthma and/or allergies.
- You’ll learn what is and isn’t a risk for your condition, and outline the medicine to take right away, as well as understand when to fill your prescriptions.
C is for Carry:
- Always carry your emergency medicines along with a copy of your action plan. Be sure to take both (emergency medicine and action plan) with you, everywhere you go. Don’t leave them in a car or separate building.
- Wear a MedicAlert ID. A custom engraved asthma bracelet or other style of medical id will alert others of your condition should an emergency arise.
- With a MedicAlert ID, first responders can connect to MedicAlert’s 24/7 emergency response team to access your complete health profile. This helps ensure you receive proper medical attention and a positive emergency outcome.
T is for Treatment:
- A treatment plan outlines when to take your medicines and what to do in an emergency.
- Develop your treatment plan with your doctor, and discuss the best therapies and treatments for you.
- Be sure to always use your prescribed medicines.
- Always practice how to use your emergency medicines.
What to engrave on MedicAlert medical IDs for asthma:
MedicAlert offers free custom engraving on all our medical IDs for asthma. The engraving on your asthma ID should include the critical medical information that first responders need to know in an accident or medical emergency.
The best things to engrave on a medical bracelet for asthma include:
- Medical conditions
- Implanted devices
- Any additional medical information that needs to be communicated to first responders
Sample engraving. Consult our team if you need help engraving your medical ID for asthma.
We’re proud to partner with the Asthma & Allergy Foundation to provide tools and resources to help people with asthma and allergies live better lives.
How medical IDs for asthma combined with MedicAlert Membership provide peace of mind for those living with asthma
Adding a medical ID for asthma to your action plan is beneficial. Life rarely goes as planned and sometimes even the most prepared people are caught unaware. If you are living life with asthma, having an asthma medical ID bracelet can protect you in an emergency or during an asthma attack.
Be your voice: If you can’t speak for yourself, your ID will speak for you, informing others about your asthma and any medications you are taking.
Provide 24/7 emergency protection: Our team will relay all of our critical medical information to first responders in an emergency, no matter where or when it happens.
Keep you connected: You should never be alone in an emergency, that’s why MedicAlert will reach out to your emergency contacts when needed if you are unable to do so.
Enable you to live with confidence: The freedom to live your life with asthma, knowing that MedicAlert is there for you.